Published on Wednesday, 16th March 2016 - 5:49AM03/16/2016
Firefly’s award-winning, patented technology is an innovative material science that removes almost all limitations of current lead-acid battery products. Firefly discovered that much of the lead in the grid structure of conventional batteries can be replaced with a totally new type of grid material, carbon foam.
Firefly Energy manufactures the one of a kind Oasis Group 31 deep cycle battery with Microcell carbon foam technology. Oasis’ carbon foam design resists sulfation and corrosion (2 of the primary causes of failure in lead-acid batteries), while dramatically increasing the surface area within the battery, resulting in greater energy capacity, faster recharges, and deeper discharge capabilities.
- Unparalleled Resistance to Sulfation – Sulfation is what usually kills AGM batteries. The Oasis carbon foam AGM can operate or be stored at a partial state of charge for long periods of time without a loss in capacity
- Depths of Discharge to 80%-100% of rated capacity without any loss of performance
- Superior Life Cycle – capable of 3X the number of deep discharge cycles than that of other lead acid batteries
- Strong Performance in Extreme Cold and Heat– performance range is -20° C to 50° C
- Fast Bulk Charging and topping up is seldom required
- Greater Usable Capacity– you can replace your existing bank with a smaller Oasis bank due to it’s deep discharge capability
For more information, including Nigel Calder's comments, or to locate a dealer near you visit: